Thursday, November 18, 2010

Chicken Chili

Sometimes I wonder why I'm not working in a kitchen full-time, but until cooking pays the bills, this will have to be my side passion.  A few weeks ago for Halloween we had a few friends over so that our kids could go trick-or-treating together. It was a great time.  We usually do a pot-luck, and each family is responsible for preparing a dish.  I decided to make a Chicken Chili.  I used Anaheim, Pasilla, and Tomatillo chile's, roasted corn, and white beans.  I seasoned the chicken with salt, pepper, cumin, and smoked paprika.  For the broth, I used chicken stock and coconut milk, and I thickened it with a blond roux.  I let the chili come together for about 4 hours.  During that time I seasoned it with salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, cayenne, and red pepper flakes until it had the perfect taste.

To accompany the chili, I cut tortillas into thin strips and fried them.  Seasoning them with salt and pepper.  I folded in fresh cilantro before serving.  It was finished with a little dollop of sour cream.  Everyone seemed to really enjoy it. Below are pictures.  Definitely will keep this one in the recipe binder.


No comments:

Post a Comment